Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: Resend Errors
From: Jim Lentini <lentinij @ dataadmin . irm . r9 . fws . gov>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 08:51:18 -0600 (MDT)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM, John Lambertson <lambertj @ dataadmin . irm . r9 . fws . gov>, alan_fisher @ mail . fws . gov

Jason, thanks for replying to my questions.

Wrapper doesn't spin eternally but it will spawn instances of sh, resend
and sendmail which won't die.

I'm beginning to think the errors are in the Permissions of the wrapper.
I've read the FAQ, ORAs' docs, and the README but they are confusing me
on one point:

When editing the Makefile what should W_UID & W_GID be set to?
majordom:majordom or do they need to be root & daemon. I've tried it both
ways to no avail. The docs confuse me the more I read them.

I don't have Perl5 on my system so I can't run the test you suggest. If I
install it (Perl5) will 1.93 work with Perl5?

wrapper 1.92 and 1.93 both compile cleanly so if I can just get the owner
and group figured out should that solve it?

Anyhow thanks agin for your input.

jim