Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: More on that majordomo.cf file error.
From: "Christopher Josephes" <chrisj @ polaristel . net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 15:08:41 -0500
To: "Dave Wolfe" <david_wolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Cc: <Majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

----------
> From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@risc.sps.mot.com>
> To: Christopher Josephes <chrisj@polaristel.net>
> Cc: Majordomo-users@greatcircle.com
> Subject: Re: More on that majordomo.cf file error.
> Date: Monday, August 19, 1996 2:38 PM
>
> [ Christopher Josephes writes: ]
> >
> > I did a perl -cw on the [majordomo.cf] file and all I received were
> > those "used only once" errors. What exactly is "eval" doing to this
> > file that I am unable to detect?
>
> Sounds to me like you and Mj aren't looking at the same file if 'perl
> -cw majordomo.cf' doesn't get errors but Mj does when eval'ing it. Check
> your Makefile to see how you configured Mj or run 'strings wrapper' and
> look for MAJORDOMO_CF.

Uh-oh.  MAJORDOMO_CF turned out to be nothing.
But dosn't the majordomo script try and find the path of the ".cf" file as
well?
The one line that sets the "$cf" variable sets it to either the value of
MAJORDOMO_CF,
or defaults to "/etc/majordomo.cf" (where the actual majordomo.cf file is
in my case).

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: New subscribes