Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: New subscribes
From: nunez @ sol (Steven Nunez)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 16:31:17 -0400
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

    SN> I just found out something interesting -- my MD is sending out
    SN> about the last two weeks of messages to all the new
    SN> subscribers.

    jt> Majordomo does not have this feature (though it might be nice
    jt> to add one day).  Are you certain that the list info hasn't
    jt> suddenly become corrupted?

You may not have to add this feature. I just subscribed myself to the
list and am now receiving all the messages sent over the past 10
days. The all appear normal, just as if I had been subscribed all
along. Apparently, this has always been the case. I just hadn't
noticed it until I subscribed an incorrect address. Has anyone seen
this behavior before? Any ideas? I guess it's not all bad (other then
the load on the machine and the possibility of making a mistake), but
it's strange nevertheless.

	- Steve Nunez
	nunez@helios.net