Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: Bouncing messages incorrectly
From: Julian Frost <jfrost @ odaiko . ss . uci . edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 11:47:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Julian Frost wrote:

> I have a couple of lists set up, and most things are working normally.
> But, I've started experiencing some weird bounces. Someone sent mail to
> the list with a subject line that read:
>
> 	Subject: Help!  P226 Scope Mounts, Tactical Lights
>
> This was bounced to the list owner (me) as an administration request.

Following up to my own post...

It seems that both messages that were bounced as "administration requests"
had, in the body of the message, either the name of the list, or something
approaching the name of the list. For example, the list name is "sig-l",
so if the text of the message says "I enjoy reading SIG-L", it'll be be
bounced, as will a message containing the text, "I bought my SIG
yesterday". Turning "administrivia" OFF solved the problem.

Of course, I still have the errors with the approve script saying that the
/tmp/resendxxxx.in files can not be created because they already exist!

Any ideas?

Julian
--
INET: jmfrost@uci.edu      -  Public Key for Encrypted Mail available.
** Irvine Aikikai (USAF Western Region) Home Page --