Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Running out of memory?
From: David Priebe <priebe @ board1 . renfrew . edu . on . ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:25:34 EST5EDT4,M4.1.0,M10.5.0
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com
Cc: priebe @ renfrew . edu . on . ca

Well, maybe it's a Linux problem.
I have exactly the same problem, with RedHat Linux v3.0.3 Kernel 2.0.10.
If you find out the problem, please be sure to forward it to the list!

David
-----
>I have been trying to install majordomo for about a week now, and after
>wrestling with permissions, and ownership (grr) I've run in to something
>I just can't figure out.  Majordomo no longer complains about "ABORT
>opendir failed No such file or directory" but instead it just sucks up
>all the memory it can until it runs out.  (After it hits about 24MB it
>dies with an "out of memory" error. I should hope that it doesn't
>require over 24MB to just return a "lists" query!)
>
>I assume this is some sort of configuration problem, but I was wondering
>if anyone could offer any pointer as to where to look.
>
>Linux ELF Kernel 2.0.7
>Perl V 5.001
>Majordomo V 1.93 (Compiled as POSIX, UID=majordom GID=majordom)
>
>Daniel
>--
  David Priebe,
System's Analyst, Renfrew County Board of Ed   -   priebe@renfrew.edu.on.ca
President, ValleyNET (Renfrew County) Inc.  "Renfrew County's Freenet!!"

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Bouncing messages incorrectly