Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: list-request problems
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 20 Aug 1996 19:44:39 -0500
To: Jason Fritz <fritz @ asel . udel . edu>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

JF> Regardless of the actual request, the same message is returned (the
JF> message at the end of the request-answer file), which says to use the
JF> Majordomo@my-site instead of list-request.

Yes, that's what it's supposed to do.  It's just a little script to tell
people that majordomo doesn't work that way, instead of letting their mail
bounce with an unknown address.

JF> Sending requests through Majordomo@asel.udel.edu works fine, but I
JF> thought it'd be nice to utilize the request address option.

If you want to do that, you can try setting up an alias like this:

test-list-request: "|/usr/local/lists/majordomo/wrapper majordomo
                    -l test-list"

though I'm not certain just how well this works with 1.93.  I ran some
tests with it under 1.94alpha9 + my patches and it seems to work OK.
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center