Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: list-request problems
From: Jason Fritz <fritz @ asel . udel . edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 20:57:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ greatcircle . com

On 20 Aug 1996, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> JF> Sending requests through Majordomo@asel.udel.edu works fine, but I
> JF> thought it'd be nice to utilize the request address option.
>
> If you want to do that, you can try setting up an alias like this:
>
> test-list-request: "|/usr/local/lists/majordomo/wrapper majordomo
>                     -l test-list"

That alias exists, but it certainly didn't help. It's interesting,
though, that when the $majordomo_request flag is set to 1, the welcome
message states that requests such as subscribing can be processed by
sending an email to listname-request@site with only 'subscribe' in the
body. That's why I'm thinking it should work.

> though I'm not certain just how well this works with 1.93.  I ran some
> tests with it under 1.94alpha9 + my patches and it seems to work OK.
> --

I didn't see that version on the ftp site. Am I blind or is it not there yet?

>       Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
> System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center
>                 1994 PC800 "Kuroneko"      DoD# 1723

Jason Fritz
fritz@asel.udel.edu