Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: What's wrong with my regexp?
From: -Rena Tom <reebob @ icess . ucsb . edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 18:25:58 -0700 (PDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hi..
i've got a tense situation here with Domo 1.93 on Free BSD..i need some
assistance with phrasing a regexp in perl..

a newbie to my list has somehow (for some reason) started bouncing all his
messages back to the list. i've remooved him from the list and have
restrict_post set to list and list-digest only, but his mail is sneaking
around all of this..here's a sample from the header..

To: LIST@vectorfx.metatools.com
From: Original Message Author <good@list.member> (by way of
bad@list.member)

bad@list.member is no longer subscribed but the "by way of" method of
forwarding is not known to me.

i've tried to alter my resend script thus:

   } else {
   # check for administrivia requests
   if (defined($opt_s) && ! defined($approved)
		       && (/^subject:\s*subscribe\b/i ||
         ---->         /^from:.*by\sway\sof\b/i ||
                       /^subject:\s*unsuscribe\b/i ||
                       /^subject:\s*remove\b/i ||

                       etc.

this is not catching the "by way of" expression. help?!?
TIA,
rena

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Banning certain address from a list