Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: More on that majordomo.cf file error.
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 11:43:12 -0500 (CDT)
To: chrisj @ polaristel . net (Christopher Josephes)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

[ Christopher Josephes writes: ]

> I have a list called "test-list" with the appropriate files "test-list",
> "test-list.info", "test-list.passwd" all in the $listdir.  All owned
> by user/group "majordom" and set to 664 (I know .passwd should be 660).
> The list directory is set to 775.
>
> When I sent email to subscribe to test-list,
> I'm told that the list dosn't even exist.
>
> Here's the entry for "test-list" in the aliases file...
>
> >test-list: :include:/users/majordom/majordomo/lists/test-list
> >owner-test-list: chrisj@polaristel.net
> >test-list-request: "|/users/majordom/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l
> test-list"
> >test-list-approval: chrisj
>
> What else do I need to do to get the list created?

That should do it. Does your majordomo.cf agree with these aliases as to
where the listdir is? I.e.:

    $listdir = "/users/majordom/majordomo/lists";

BTW, these aliases don't invoke resend when mailing to your list, so
you'll get none of the resend features.

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598