Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: Banning certain address from a list
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 21 Aug 1996 23:21:36 -0500
To: mjeffers @ gunther . infohwy . com
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

>>>>> "m" == mjeffers  <mjeffers@gunther.infohwy.com> writes:

m> I'm kind of surprised that this feature hasn't already been implemented.

Except that it has, just in a version which has yet to be released.  I've
said it before and I'll say it yet again: things don't get fixed by
themselves.  A feature doesn't just get added, it gets added only when
someone that wants it actually implements it.  It's one thing to go around
saying that something should have been implemented a long time ago; it's
another thing to actually write the code.  Then once the code is written,
it has to be incorporated, tested, and finally put together into a released
version.  Those who wish to help with this are invited to join the
majordomo-workers list and help out.

m> Although I've only been a Majordomo use for a short period of time, it
m> seems to me that this would be one of the most BASIC functions.

That's you.  I myself have never had a need to ban an address from one of
my lists, and I've been running them for a couple of years now.

m> So basically your telling me the Majordomo 1.93/Sendmail combo that I
m> run, I don't have a whole lot of options?

You have infinite options, as you have the source code.
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center