Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: CPU problems
From: SANDRA CEJUDO FUNES <sandrac @ reduno . com . mx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 12:00:50 -0600 (CST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

HI

  I have a problem I install majordomo 1.93 in a Sun with solaris 2.5 and
perl 5

   The problem is that every time you send a mail to majordomo the
wrapper and majordomo keeps running, like in a loop until the machine
goes out of memory.
  The script in perl occupied 70% of the cpu so it turns the machine
down. You can't do nothing at all, not even a ls.
  When you make a df -k , the bytes in the swap partition starts to go
down, I mean that first the kbytes are 250700, if you make another df -k
the kbytes now are 33000, and so on until the kbytes goes down to zero.

   I really don't know why the script goes into a loop, and why it needs
so much of the cpu.

   Can somebody help me?

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Help with resend in 1.94