Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1996)

Subject: Re: Archive & Permissions Problems
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 13:42:54 -0500 (CDT)
To: ABENDRJ @ POST6 . LAAFB . AF . MIL (Abend Robert J GS13)

[ Abend, Robert J, GS13 writes: ]
> I tryed again to chmod the "lists" directory to 775, and I get the
> following:
> ABORT open of temp file /usr/local/majordomo/lists/shlock.7088 failed
> Permission denied at /usr/local/majordomo/bin/ line 209.
> 554 "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l sample -h
> sample-outgoing" . . . unknown mailer error 2

>> But if you really have to have world write permissions, then you
>> probably don't have the majordomo user owning the lists directory. Or
>> maybe you don't have wrapper installed correctly such that Mj isn't
>> running as the majordomo user.

Try this: logon as a user other than root or the majordomo user and cd
to /usr/local/majordomo, then enter:

    ./wrapper test

The first command should show the uid/gids of the logon user. The second
should show the majordomo uid/gids. If the uid/gids don't change you
don't have wrapper installed correctly. Su to root and enter:

    chown root wrapper
    chmod 4755 wrapper

 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: "Bus Error" with Majordomo 1.93on SunOS 5.5 sun4m
Next: Re: Does anyone have a news --> majordomo script?