Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: Problem with 1.93 on SGI
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 02 Sep 1996 23:52:06 -0500
To: Tony Clark <tony @ rsp . COM . AU>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

TC> When I mail to my list, everything starts ok, but it just sits there
TC> and eventually consumes all my memory, forcing the machine into swap.

Which generally indicates a permission problem.  (It's trying to log an
error, but can't lock the log file to report the error, so it reports that
as an error, but it has to lock the log file...)  Make sure that the
wrapper is compiled correctly and that it has the proper permissions, and
that the majordomo user can write to all of the various list directories.
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center