Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: Moderated and Unmoderated List together
From: Chris Cook <scocc @ thor . cf . ac . uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 08:35:17 +0100 (BST)
To: ron @ abacus . oxy . edu (Ron Buckmire)
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Previously Ron Buckmire wrote -
> I want to run parallel MODERATED and UNMODERATED mailing lists.
>
> I would *like* it for subscribers to be able to post to either address for
> the message to be propagated.
>
> All postings should go to the UNMODERATED list immediately [no need for re-send]
>
> The SAME posting [regardless of what address was actually used] should be sent
> to the MODERATED list, which if the moderator approves would send it along to
> THE MODERATED LIST ONLY [otherwise the unmoderated list would get two copies
> of each approved posting]
>
> Is there a way to set up mail aliases to do this?

Surely the simple way is to make MODERATED-LIST a member of UNMODERATED-LIST?

                        Chris Cook - Postmaster

| Chris Cook - Postmaster, UNIX and Athena Administrator                    |
|  University of Wales                     E-mail     : CookC@Cardiff.AC.UK |
|   College of Cardiff,                    Phone      : +44 1222 874875     |
|    40-41 Park Place,                     (Direct)   : +44 1222 874219     |
|     Cardiff, UK                          Fax        : +44 1222 874285     |

"I get fed up hearing people talking about the awesome power of Mother Nature.
I'd like to see a straight fight between Mother Nature and Father God."

From: Tony Clark <tony@rsp.COM.AU>
Next: Re: More on 1.93 on SGI
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Moderated and Unmoderated List together
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu>
Next: Re: Moderated and Unmoderated List together
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu>