Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: SUMMARY: How to filter spammers or their domains.
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:21:27 -0500 (CDT)
To: nmehl @ leftbank . com
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

[ Nathan J. Mehl writes: ]

> For whatever it's worth, I ended up using Matt's hacks to resend for
> the moment, as the installation of majordomo here is used by
> several other people, and I want to get their input before
> installing one of the two wrapper scripts.  (With the resend hack,
> I can just have two copies of resend, and use the hacked one for my
> lists.)

FWIW, the filtering scripts are also list specific in that they're
also applied via the list alias. I fail to see the difference between
using a resend variant on the list alias and using a filter on the list
alias other than the former requires maintenance of dual resends (with
everything that entails, including confusion when a bug is fixed in
resend but persists in the variant list because its variant resend was
forgotten).

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598