Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: SUMMARY: How to filter spammers or their domains.
From: Jim Pierce <jmp @ klgai . com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 13:02:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com
Cc: jmp @ klgai . com (Jim Pierce)

Hello,

> Procmail is shareware; you can get it from ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
> as pub/packages/procmail/procmail.tar.gz.

   The latest version, as far as I know, is 3.10.

   There are changes to the .forward file that sends to procmail that
   are necessary if you use sendmail 8.6.* and higher. Otherwise
   you will get strangeness in your mail queue. :-(

   The 'IFS' section isn't used when sendmail 8.6.* and higher is used.

   "| exec /path/to/procmail -f- #jmp"

   There is a procmail mailing list that I found by using Web searches
   for procmail.

   Procmail is wonderful for sending unwanted email off to /dev/null !

JimP.