Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: No messages to process
From: michael satterwhite <satterwh @ weblore . com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 07:42:10 -0700 (PDT)
To: Andres Castro <root @ netgate . comintur . com . uy>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Andres Castro wrote:

> > > I'm trying to make a mkdigest of my list and the messages of
> > > error bounce back to me telling that there are no new messages
> > > to digest. Now, i make a little modification to the digest script
> > > to tell me if the directory is the correct and everything looks
> > > ok.
> >
> > This doesn't sound an error - unless you're sure that there ARE
> > messages to digest.  If your list hasn't been active then the
> > message you're getting is quite right.  The digest script
> > won't send an empty digest.
>
> I think it's acctually an error, because i have three messages (001,
> 002, 003) in the directory of the digest. Can it be some way of error in
> the permissions? the lists is generating news 00* while getting
> messages, but no mkdigest works.

Did you send the command to the main list or the digest list? I made the
mistake early of sending the command to the main list - which will never
have any digest messages to process.

---Michael
Help support A Minor Consideration
http://www.minorcon.org

From: Kevin Kelleher <kevink@concorde.com>
Next: anyone knows which are right protection for archive file?