Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: Is it impossible to moderate a list?
From: Noah White <noah @ milkcrate . com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 13:36:57 -0400
To: Dave Wolfe <david_wolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Dave Wolfe wrote:

> [ Noah White writes: ]

> Must be something in your sendmail configuration or a new "feature" of
> sendmail (although other list mail I checked showing the same version
> that you show doesn't disclose the addressee) 'cuz it doesn't do that
> here. Nor do I see an X-Sender header. I strongly suspect it all goes
> back to how you're approving messages for posting. You really need to
> supply headers after the Approved header or get it inserted into the
> real headers.

Well X-Sender is no longer a problem but those Received headers still
are :-).

Perhaps you don't seem them because the mail program you are using
does not display them?  For instance Netscape, view all headers, shows
them but mailx on a Solaris machine does not. They get placed there
for RFC complaince by sendmail when list-outgoingaliases is processed
so even the -R option to resend does not help because that is on the
incoming alias.

The only way I can see to fix this is to either hack my sendmail.cf
file.

-Noah