Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: Obliterating Mgs Delivery Confirmations
From: bill @ celestial . com (Bill Campbell)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
To: nick @ aboard . co . uk (Nick Perry)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

>I'm surprised I've only just come up against this problem but...
>Someone who has subscribed to one of the lists I run has one of those
>over-friendly mail hosts that insists on confirming delivery of each
>message sent to it.  The result is the list-owner gets one of these
>messages for every message sent to the list.  Other than filtering
>them out with procmail or something, what can be done about this
Delete the person from the list with a message telling them that when
they fix their mailer they can resubscribe.

INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100

Government spending?  I don't know what it's all about.  I don't know
any more about this thing than an economist does, and, God knows, he
doesn't know much.
		-- Will Rogers

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: new subscribers get inundated by old messages (linux prob?)
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <>
Next: Re:approving in Eudora
From: "Kendall P. Bullen" <>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Obliterating Mgs Delivery Confirmations
From: Nick Perry <>
Next: Re: Is there any way to get majordomo to ...
From: Richard Pieri <>

Search Internet Search