Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: wrapper gives error of unable to setuid
From: Ash <arn @ netcom . com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 04:50:08 -0700 (PDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Tried to compile wrapper both way for the hp/ux box I'm trying to install it
on. Tried mode 6755 and 4755, lots of different owners and different groups.

Using posix I get one warning building as posix, several as BSD.

Yet with all the ways I've tried, when I run it directly to test it out I get
told that setuid is not permitted and then the normal useage message.

Anyone got a built version already for hp/ux or info how to fix this?

--
Ash. <arn@netcom.com>  FDD3m C+++ H++ M+ P R++ T+++ f+ p+ S  PGP Encouraged

Indexed By Date Previous: mqueue :(