Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: hp-ux still not working "./wrapper: Setuid execution not allowed"
From: Ash <arn @ netcom . com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 01:51:27 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'MajorDomo'" <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>
Cc: Ash <arn @ netcom . com>

Majordomo (1.94b4) builds fine as posix. Istall runs fine, install-wrapper
under root suceeds. But when I go to run ./wrapper config-test it runs file
and says the config is good but I always get this one line to stderr.

./wrapper: Setuid execution not allowed

I know hp has some strange things about setuid and I went so far as to grand
the privlegde of SETRUGID to global, but it did not fix the problem.

Does anyone know the cause of this problem?

The system is hp-ux 9.x, perl 5.003.
--
Ash. <arn@netcom.com>  FDD3m C+++ H++ M+ P R++ T+++ f+ p+ S  PGP Encouraged