Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: SUBJECTS ON MODERATED LISTS
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 08:05:22 -0500 (CDT)
To: juliem @ calfac . org (Julie Malley)
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

[ Julie Malley writes: ]

> When someone sends a message to our Majordomo moderated list, and
> it is forwarded to the entire list by the owner after approval, it
> arrives to the list members without a Subject -- that section is left
> blank, even when the owner places a Subject in the header before
> mailing it.
>
> Could someone advise me what we can do to the message before
> forwarding it to the entire list so it will arrive with a Subject in
> the Header?

Resend expects the outgoing (original) headers to follow the Approved
header when the Approved header appears in the body of the message. If
you have a Subject (From, etc.) header following the embedded Approved
header (and all headers separated from the body by a blank line), then
they are used for the outgoing message. The approve script handles this
rather nicely for well-behaved mail readers.

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598