Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

From: Fuzzy <fuzzy @ ns . asarian . org>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:43:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: Majordomo-users List <Majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Peony wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 15:57:24 GMT + 2:00
> From: Peony <090PEONY@UWCC.CC.WITS.AC.ZA>
> To: Majordomo-users@GreatCircle.COM
>
> Hi all,
>
> I want to create a mailing list that activates as a noticeboard. i.e.
> Everything put on it is read-only and one cannot reply to them. Is
> this possible?
>
> Can anyone help me on this one? Thanks.

hmms

you could make it moderated and pre-approve your own postings.
you'd still get approval needed remailings from MD if someone
did attempt posting tho. I guess you  could handle that
with "canned-reply" procmail or other mail filter at the
listname-approval alias.

we need something like that but want the return address
"reply-to" to go to list-owner. its also a notice board,
for a group, (mostly meeting notices and other adminitrative
notices and the list-owner alias will point at the responsible
people's address(s). so group members can ask admin type
querys of the list-owner(s) at that alias. we figured a closed
list, restrict_post'd, with all posts reply-to'ed to the list owner
would get us a outgoing only mailing list, only the listowner(s)
would be in the restrict_post list. does that sound right?

				Fuzzy