Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: protected list?
From: Will Brown <ewb @ zns . net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 17:08:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hi, trying to setup an "announcement only" list and the problem is
hiding the "real" name of the list alias (eg: list-outgoing).
Problem is this name shows up in Received: headers.

I am following the FAQ answer to this question, using this:

list: "|/home/majordom/bin/wrapper resend -h foo.com -l list list-outgoing,nobod
y"
nobody: /dev/null

Using -d, it appears that resend is generating:

    "sendmail ... list-outgoing,nobody"

What happens is that the outgoing message gets queued by sendmail.

Indeed, there is no Received: header that exposes "list-outgoing" when
the message is finally delivered, but I don't want the message to be
queued!

And incidentally, why does this technique work to hide "list-outgoing?"

Perhaps this is a sendmail question, but does anyone have a clue?

Sendmail 8.7.x
Solaris 2.4
majordomo 1.93
Perl 5.003