Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: regx 's in restrict post
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 10 Oct 1996 16:24:50 -0500
To: byrnejb @ harte-lyne . ca
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

JBB> As a brute force solution I can add another file to the restrict post
JBB> list and place all known varients of her address in there.  The
JBB> question I have is: "Is there a better or more general way to
JBB> accomplish the same thing using regular expressions?"

You might see if using "mungedomain" might help.  Otherwise, no, you can't
put regexps in the restrict_post list.  I've been thinking of a way to do
this and other things like allow a user to specify other hosts that they
might send mail from.  This is speculation, and would go into a future
version if at all.

It would be a relatively trivial matter to make the restrict_post match a
regexp lookup, but since the legal characters for addresses and regular
expressions overlap, the results might be chaotic.
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center
                1994 PC800 "Kuroneko"      DoD# 1723

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: MASS e-mailings