Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: batch subscribes?
From: "Alan Millar" <amillar @ bolis . com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 10:49:35 -800
To: sponge @ webfirst . com
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <>

On 11 Oct 96 at 12:51, wrote:
> If I have a list of 100 email addresses,
> is there an easy way to subscribe all of them to a
> particular list?

Use a text editor with cut-and-paste to turn the list into 100
subscribe commands.

Give a list like:

turn it into commands like

  approve yourpass subscribe listname   user@somewhere
  approve yourpass subscribe listname   user@elsewhere
  approve yourpass subscribe listname   user@yetanother

Use your editor to paste the approve command to the beginning of each
line.  In fact, that's what I just did to write this message :-)

You'll find that's the easiest and best choice in most cases.

- Alan
Alan Millar
Owner, System Admin
Ask me about Internet mailing list services at
Hey, it's the least I could do.  And never let it be said that I didn't
do... the least I could.

Indexed By Date Previous: administrivia woes