Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: Failed newconfig command
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 11:29:19 -0500 (CDT)
To: wmcguire @ cybercom . net (Wayne McGuire)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

[ Wayne McGuire writes: ]

> I retrieved a copy of my working config file with the the config
> command. No problem.
>
> I then edited one setting in the file to make it moderated, and
> sent the new config file to majordomo with the newconfig
> command:
>
> newconfig list password
>
> followed by the edited config file.
>
> Majordomo very much doesn't like the new file. This is just
> the beginning of the error message:
>
> --- BEGIN ---

> The new config file for dreamwave was NOT accepted because:
> unknown key |end| in file dreamwave.new.config at line 14
> unknown key |keyword.| in file dreamwave.new.config at line 39
> unknown key |special| in file dreamwave.new.config at line 46
> More then one word 2in value admin_passwd      =3D3D   dreamwave.admin at=
>  line 67
> Unknown boolean value 3d   yes in config file at line 72
> More then one word 2in value approve_passwd    =3D3D   dreamwave.pass at =
> line 86
> Unknown boolean value 3d   yes in config file at line 104
>
> --- END ---
>
> I've made sure that the word wrap in my mail reader, Agent, is
> set to 200 to prevent wrapped lines from confusing majordomo.
> I've tried editing the file in my Windows 95 text editor, TextPad,
> and saving the file in Unix format. I've turned off my signature
> file in Agent. No go.

How much does the above look like what you received from Mj? I suspect
your mailer is MIMEing (maiming?) the file you send to Mj, thus
corrupting it in the process. Mj doesn't understand MIME. It wants just
a plain text message, not a text/plain message. :-0

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598