Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: ignoring addresses?
From: Fu Bar <fubar @ dino . fdt . net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 16:09:49 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Nathan J. Mehl" <nmehl @ leftbank . com>
Cc: Robert Luce <rwl @ gymnet . com>, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

> In the immortal words of Robert Luce:
>
> > OK.. I know this has probably been asked 100 times and I risk
> > getting flamed badly, but.. I have read the FAQ, the O'Reilly
> > chapter, the man pages, etc. to no avail.
> > Is there any way to tell mj to ignore all input from a given
> > user or host or domain?

Another option is the integration of procmail as a frontend to all the
majordomo lists.  This has the disadvantage of being one more program to
run through each time a message for a list comes in...but has the
advantage that you can then filter list messages based on
anything...size, header lines you don't like, expressions in the body,
you name it, procmail will filter it.  I even have it setup such that
each list has its own rc file...individual lists can have their own
filters.

I posted instructions for this a few months ago...and they didn't seem to
be terribly well received.  If there's interest, I can repost...it's not
hard to do.