Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Argh! Invalid archive directory?!
From: "Nathan J. Mehl" <nmehl @ leftbank . com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 18:26:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Setting up majordomo on a new machine, trying to create a list called
"testlist", I've run into the following problem trying to get list
archiving to work.  Every message sent to the list generates a
MAJORDOMO ABORT and the following bounce message:

-------------------snip------------------
   ----- The following addresses have delivery notifications -----
"|/usr/local/lib/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -a -m -f /usr/local/lib/majordomo
/archives/testlist.archive/testlist"  (unrecoverable error)
    (expanded from: testlist-outgoing)

Receiving 5
Invalid archive directory.  Aborting.
-------------------snip------------------

This is driving me a little nuts.  According to the commentary at the
top of archive2.pl, the syntax in my aliases file is correct.  And
the directory specified (/usr/local/lib/majordomo/archives/testlist.archive)
does exist, and is owner and group majordom.

(SunOS 4.1.4, sendmail 8.7.5, not that any of that seems to apply.)

--
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Nathan J. Mehl -- The Left Bank Operation

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Majordomo vs. Listserv