Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: ftpmail
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 14 Oct 1996 19:35:47 -0500
To: Mark Moore <mam @ gleim . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

MM> Do you have to use ftpmail to get majordomo to send files via mail upon
MM> user request?

No.

MM> How much easier and better is it to use ftpmail?

I believe ftpmail can automatically split files and uuencode binaries and
such.  I've never used it; if I want to serve binaries, I have an FTP
site.

Does anyone actually use ftpmail?  It would be nice to hear what the real
benefits are, and have someone to test to make sure we aren't breaking
anything during development.
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center

Follow-Ups:
  • Re: ftpmail