Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Majordomo and Smap
From: ian c rogers <irogers @ biggun . com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 13:19:55 -0700
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com
Cc: vkoser @ ghostfacekiller . biggun . com, rfrancis @ dti . net

Hello.  Sorry to have to write, but I can't find reference to this
problem in the docs or the FAQ.

I've installed majordomo-1.93 and am still receiving unknown mailer
errors numbered 1.  Running from the commanline as root or majordom such
as:

	cat testmail |/usr/local/etc/majordomo/wrapper majordomo

seems to work fine, but as I mentioned I receive:

The original message was received at Tue, 15 Oct 1996 13:13:32 -0700
from smap@localhost

   ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
"|/usr/local/etc/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"  (unrecoverable error)
    (expanded from: <majordomo@biggun.com>)

UX:sh (sh): ERROR: /usr/local/etc/majordomo/wrapper: Cannot execute

when trying to mail my majordomo.

For security, we run smap to have a non-root user deliver mail on our
system.  I'm guessing this is fouling things up as root is not
delivering the mail.  I've added smap to the majordomo group to no
avail.  I suppose I could make majordom and smap the same user(?)...

What's the proper way to deal with this situation?  I'm not on the list
so please respond to me directly.

Thanks for your time.

ian
--