Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: Non-UNIX installations (OS/2)
From: mandy @ HUMnet . UCLA . EDU (John Mandeville)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 23:06:12 -0700
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

You posted to the list.majordomo-users newsgroup:
> Well, I've never heard of anyone trying to port Majordomo to OS/2, so all I
> can say is good luck.  Please let us know how it goes.  We'll be happy to
> include instructions in later distributions.  There has been work on
> running it on NT which I believe is successful, but there are many
> difficult issues.

Thanks for the reply and good wishes.  I thought I had heard of
an OS/2 installation somewhere; that's what gave me the confidence to
try it myself.  Oh well, it never hurts to break a little new ground.
The NT work might prove helpful to me.

> I do have to wonder what you're going to do about Sendmail.

OS/2 has a sendmail, albeit an archaic one.  As long as majordomo doesn't
require anything too recent, I should be okay.

John Mandeville

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Non-UNIX installations (OS/2)
Next: Re: Non-UNIX installations (OS/2)