Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: setting up the -request alias
From: "R.K.Hillman" <R . K . Hillman @ bton . ac . uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 23:16:49 +0100 (BST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I'm new to majordomo, and have been having a problem with setting up this
particular  alias.  I've installed 1.93 on a Digital Unix 4.0 system.
I've set up all the aliases as described in the documentation.
However when mailing the -request address no reply is received.
The alias I have is:

cands-l-request:"|/local/bin/majordomo/wrapper request-answer cands-l"

I've checked my mail.log and sendmail appears to be correctly dealing with
the incoming request by piping to the wrapper but there is no
response at all.

Has anyone any ideas?

Regards

Ray

 RFC-822 : Ray.Hillman@bton.ac.uk
  X.400 : S=hillman; G=ray; O=bton; PRMD=uk.ac; ADMD= ; C=GB
    Tel : +44 1273 600900 Ext. 2644 or +44 1273 642644 (direct)
    Fax : +44 1273 642666
   Http : http://www.bton.ac.uk/
Systems Manager, University of Brighton Computer Centre,
Watts Building, Moulsecoomb, Brighton, East Sussex, UK, BN2 4GJ

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: invalid file