Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: alternative program
From: wmcguire @ cybercom . net (Wayne McGuire)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 01:15:58 GMT
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 18:54:40 -0500, Mark Moore <> wrote:

>Does anyone know of an alternative program to majordomo that is easier to
>use?  I can sacrifice functionality to ease of use.

An observation by someone else who has just given
himself a crash course in majordomo: there is going
to be a huge need for a Windows 95/Windows NT
mail reader that conveniently builds in all the best
features of majordomo and listserv and more--with an
emphasis on an elegant user interface.

The Unix user interface is primitive, to say the
least. Mailing list management needs to be greatly
streamlined and simplified.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: "get"ing files