Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: alternative program
From: wmcguire @ cybercom . net (Wayne McGuire)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 01:15:58 GMT
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 18:54:40 -0500, Mark Moore <mam@gleim.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know of an alternative program to majordomo that is easier to
>use?  I can sacrifice functionality to ease of use.

An observation by someone else who has just given
himself a crash course in majordomo: there is going
to be a huge need for a Windows 95/Windows NT
mail reader that conveniently builds in all the best
features of majordomo and listserv and more--with an
emphasis on an elegant user interface.

The Unix user interface is primitive, to say the
least. Mailing list management needs to be greatly
streamlined and simplified.