Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: Command List or Command for Postpone
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 17 Oct 1996 14:53:44 -0500
To: INFOIIPLR @ aol . com
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

I> Is there any way that subscribers on my majordomo mailing list can
I> temporarily postpone getting mail.

The command you're looking for is "unsubscribe".  The user will receive no
mail while they are unsubscribed.  When they wish to receive mail again,
they can send the "subscribe" command.  I know that's stating the obvious,
but I have never understood the need for a separate command to turn off
mail reception.  In any case, that is the only functionality of the sort
that majordomo supplies.

I> Actually, if there is a comprehensive list of Majordomo commands
I> available, I would greatly appreciate someone sending them to me or
I> pointing me to an appropriate site.

Al of the commands available to users should be returned from a "help"
request.  All of the commands available are documented in the
list-owner-info file that comes in the distribution (and is intended to be
sent to all new list owners).
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center