Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: noadvertise
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:09:00 -0300 (ADT)
To: brozen @ webdreams . com (Brock Rozen)
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM (Majordomo Users)

Brock Rozen writes:

>                                        IMHO, there's no reason a list
>shouldn't be shown if the person is subscribed to it.

It can avoid confusion with temporary lists. Sometimes I need to send a
message to all list subscribers, or to subscribers to a number of
different lists. To avoid duplicates, I create a temporary list by
sorting all the lists with sort -u to avoid duplicates. The result is a
temporary list which no one else needs to know about.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: majordomo almost working...