Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: noadvertise
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:09:00 -0300 (ADT)
To: brozen @ webdreams . com (Brock Rozen)
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM (Majordomo Users)

Brock Rozen writes:

>                                        IMHO, there's no reason a list
>shouldn't be shown if the person is subscribed to it.

It can avoid confusion with temporary lists. Sometimes I need to send a
message to all list subscribers, or to subscribers to a number of
different lists. To avoid duplicates, I create a temporary list by
sorting all the lists with sort -u to avoid duplicates. The result is a
temporary list which no one else needs to know about.

Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Bedford Institute of Oceanography,
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2, Tel. (902)426-1577

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: majordomo almost working...