Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: list.request using virtual domains
From: Ajay Kochhar <kochhar @ ari . ari . net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:17:37 -0400 (EDT)
To: Paul Taylor <paul @ netculture . net>
Cc: Majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Paul Taylor wrote:

> Hi All
> I got the virtual domains working fine under 1.94
> Question is, how do I tell request.answer to respond with the desired
> hostname ?
> I entered '-C /pathto/virtual/' at the end of the pipe.
> This changes the Reply to, and content of the message. What it does
> not do it change the 'From:' and it also loses the actual list name,
> i.e. the message comes back as from ''
> instead of ''. The content of the message
> also loses all the list name sections.
> Any help would be appreciated.

  Look for these lines in request-answer

print MAIL <<"EOM";
To: $reply_to
From: $list-request
Subject: Your mail to $list-request\@$whereami

 and change

From: $list-request

From: $list-request\@$whereami

  That should do it.

Indexed By Date Previous: Java applet can mirror your mailing list
From: Gus Bazos <>
Next: Can Subject lines be amended?
From: Kip DeGraaf <>
Indexed By Thread Previous: list.request using virtual domains
From: "Paul Taylor" <>
Next: Re: list.request using virtual domains
From: "James B. Byrne" <>

Search Internet Search