Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

From: Michael Satterwhite <satterwh @ weblore . com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 05:32:14 -0500
To: Ken Parker <kparker @ kparker . nai . net>, sgupta @ atip . or . jp
Cc: Majordomo Users <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>

At 09:46 AM 10/21/96 -0400, Ken Parker wrote:

>> I disagree; for internal business lists and even certain ISPs, this could
>> be important (eg, if you work for us, you are responsible for the
>> information on this list... you may choose not to read it, but we fulfill
>> our obligation by at least mailing it to you.... similarly, an ISP may
>> set policy via a mailing list). - Sarang Gupta (sgupta@atip.org)
>
>   Wouldn't the needs of the business and/or the ISP be served if
>the list owner was notified of "Unsubscribes"?  In other words, let
>the person unsubscribe, but then notify the list owner, who, in the
>business case, notifies the person's boss who goes over to find out
>why they unsubscribed?  (Majordomo DOES support notifying the list
>owner of administrative requests, right?)

Completely. It's the spam artists that want this type of feature. Some
people also enjoy the power trip ... the knowledge that they can bombard you
with mail and your only out is a kill file.

---Michael
Help Support "A Minor Consideration"
http://www.minorcon.org

Public key at http://www.weblore.com/satterwhite

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Command List or Command for Postpone