Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: Help?
From: Dave Barr <barr @ math . psu . edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 10:28:06 -0400
To: Andy <andy @ Netra . tilc . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <Pine.SOL.3.93.961022092533.772A-100000@Netra.tilc.com>, Andy writes
:
>I have majordomo responding. But, I can't seem to get around this error.
>wrapper config-test shows everything as being ok...and majordomo even sent
>a reply in conjuction with this error message.  I have RTFM, but I am not
>much of a hacker.
>
>Solaris 2.5 (Netra 3.0). Gcc Perl5.001
>
>Thoughts?

Read the Majordomo FAQ.  I don't know how much more blatant I can make this:

   Majordomo is written in Perl (at least 4.036). It should also work
   under at least Perl 5.001a. It will _not work with Perl 5.001!!! It
   has reportedly worked with Perl 5.000 on some but not all platforms_.
   It is recommended that you use the latest release of Perl that you can
   get, which can be found at http://www.perl.com/perl/.

--Dave