Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Unknown mailer error
From: Scott Thomas <scott @ berean . net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 23:00:46 -0500
To: Majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

I've compiled 1.94 on my Solaris 2.5.1 system, and test-config said
everything was OK. When I tried the simple test echo ('lists'|mail
majordomo) all I get are Mailer-Daemon errors (unknown mailer error 1). I
have been through the FAQ's, Readme, Install, etc., and I realize it is
probably a permissions/ownership issue, but I am stumped! All
files/directories $homedir and below are owned by majordom:majordom, except
wrapper, which is setuid owned by root.

I have checked the /etc/passwd file to be sure it pointed to the correct
$homedir, the majordomo.cf file to see that it sets the same $homedir, and
the /etc/aliases file to see that the alias points to wrapper correctly.

What is my needle in the haystack?

Thanks for any help.

Scott
Scott Thomas
Berean Solutions, Inc.
(601) 840-2221

http://www.berean.net

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: 1.94 release problems