Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: "From" address not rewritten properly.
From: Steven Trainoff <steve @ wyatt . com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 96 15:22:43 -0700
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I am sorry if this is a newbie question...

I am running majordomo1.93 and have set up a moderated list.  When users send mail to the list, it is correctly bounced to the moderator.  However when the moderator resubmits the "approved" message, the message always appear to come from "list-owner" and the subject line is always blank.  If I have correctly read the docs, the approved message should appear to come from the original submitter, with the original subject field.  I am sure that this is something simple.   I did a quick search of the archived messages and didn't find the answer.  What am I missing?

Here is a copy of the relevant portion of my aliases file.  The list is called "dawn-users"

dawn-users-outgoing: :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/dawn-users,
        "| /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper digest -r -C -l dawn-users-digest dawn-users-digest-outgoing",
        "| /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -a  -m      -f /usr/local/majordomo/archive/dawn-users/dawn-users.archive"
dawn-users:
        "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l dawn-users -d -h wyatt.com -A -a /usr/local/majordomo/lists/dawn-users.passwd -s dawn-users-outgoing"
owner-dawn-users: steve
dawn-users-request:
        "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper request-answer dawn-users"
dawn-users-approval: owner-dawn-users
dawn-users-digest: dawn-users
owner-dawn-users-outgoing: owner-dawn-users
owner-dawn-users-digest: owner-dawn-users
owner-dawn-users-digest-outgoing: owner-dawn-users
dawn-users-digest-request:
        "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper request-answer dawn-users-digest"
dawn-users-digest-approval: dawn-users-approval
dawn-users-archive: /usr/local/majordomo/archive/dawn-users.archive
dawn-users-digest-outgoing:
        :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/dawn-users-digest

---

...STeve
steve.trainoff@wyatt.com	(NeXT and MIME mail welcome)

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: Strange error: unknown mailer error