Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: archive2.pl problem
From: Chris Knowles <cknowles @ redeemer . on . ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 13:33:03 -0500 (EST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I'm running mj 1.93 quite happily now, but I have a question about
setting my archive directories up properly.

I'm using archive2.pl, and it gives me a
"Invalid archive directory...aborting" message unless I hardwire the
archive directory for each list into the majordomo.cf file as follows

> # the safe locations for archive directories. This should be defined as
> # a series of root anchored directory paths as will be used as prefixes
> # to the file names specified to the archive2.pl script.
> @archive_dirs = ( "/usr/local/majordomo/archive/riviera-l",  {cut}
		"/usr/local/majordomo/archive/cwn",          {cut}
		"/usr/spool/archive/firewalls" );

(Note: I've inserted the {cut}'s here for clarity only)

My question is this, is there a way to specify the archive
directory in the following manner:

@archive_dirs = ( "/usr/local/majordomo/archive/$list", {cut}
		"/usr/spool/archive/firewalls" );

Christopher Knowles         | E-mail:    cknowles@redeemer.on.ca
Computer Services Director  | Phone :    (905) 648-2131 Fax:(905) 648-2134
Redeemer College            |----------------------------------------------
777 Highway 53 East         | "It's a small world (But I wouldn't
Ancaster, Ontario, L9K 1J4  |  want to paint it)" - Stephen Wright

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: S*bscribing the list to itself
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu>
Next: question
From: Mahin Bahrami <mahin@ataraxia.websightz.com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Setup Problems
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@risc.sps.mot.com>
Next: Re: archive2.pl problem
From: "Alan V. Shackelford" <alan_s@shaknet.clark.net>