Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: strange errormessage: when sending mail to majordomo
From: "Martin Baehr" <mbaehr @ email . archlab . tuwien . ac . at>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 00:21:34 +0100
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

hello,

i just installed majordomo 1.94 on a sparc-station running solaris 2.5.

i followed the instructions closely, i did the test:
$ ./wrapper config-test
but then i tried to send a test mail to majordomo:
$ echo 'lists' | mail majordomo
and i get:
"|/usr/local/servers/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"... User unknown

now what the heck does that mean?
i mean the alias does get expanded, but it seems, that sendmail does not
understand the result.
but that seems illogical.

here is the content of the aliasesfile:
--
majordomo: "|/usr/local/servers/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
owner-majordomo: mbaehr

do you have any hints?
please tell me what else about my system you might need to know.
eventually this problem is not even related to majordomo at all...

thanks, martin.

--
unix systemadministrator iaeste.org iaeste.or.at iaeste.tuwien.ac.at.
                         email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: question