Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1996)

Subject: Re:word "help" in the body of a message for a ML
From: "Kendall P. Bullen" <kendall @ his . com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 09:22:00 -0500
To: Didier Bretin <osul @ mail . dotcom . fr>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

At 1:46 PM 10/31/96, Didier Bretin wrote:

 * hello,
 *
 * I have a problem with the word "help":
 *
 * I have several mailing list and when I send a message to one
 * of this mailing list with the word "help" in the body I got
 * a Bounce message ?
 *
 * What is the problem ? Is this a bug ? :-)

It's a feature; you have administrativa (or whatever it's called --
the thing that checks for list commands in the first 5 lines or so)
turned on in your config file for that list.  Change it from 'yes' to
'no' and that should solve your problem.

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen
E-mail:  kendall@his.com or kbullen@tax.org -- take your pick!

Indexed By Date Previous: Mail loop - why?