Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: archive files
From: SANDRA CEJUDO FUNES <sandrac @ reduno . com . mx>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 12:39:10 -0600 (CST)
To: Dave Wolfe <david_wolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Dave Wolfe wrote:

> [ SANDRA CEJUDO FUNES writes: ]
> >
> >   When  I post to majordomo the index command to my list prueba1, it said
> > that there's no files available, but there are two files in the archive
> > directory.
> >
> > What'is wrong?
>
> What's wrong is that you give us almost *no* information to go on. But
> I'll propose some things for you to check. Does Mj have permission to
> read/search your archive directory path? Do you have 'private_index' set
> but are not a subscriber to the list? Do you have a <listname>.private
> file (that sets 'private_index')? Do your '$filedir', '$filedir_suffix',
> and '@archive_dirs' in majordomo.cf and what you think is the archive
> directory all match up?

  I'm using Mj 1.94, on Solaris 2.5, sparc station.

  I don't have private_index, I'm a subscriber to the list, Mj have
permission. My @archive_dirs:

@archive_dirs = ("/usr/local/mail/archives/prueba1",
                 "/usr/local/mail/archives/moderada",
                 "/usr/local/mail/archives/nueva_tecnologia" );

And the files are in /usr/local/mail/archives/prueba1

Any ideas?