Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: A beginner (oh no)...
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 04 Nov 1996 17:48:23 -0600
To: Damian @ aros . net
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

D> [...] My ISP did all of the leg work in setting me up and now I'm trying
D> to take it all further by customizing and creating a digest version
D> (which my ISP doesn't currently offer).

If your ISP won't do the legwork to set up the digest, then you're most
likely out of luck.  Setting up a digest requires setting up a separate
list and fiddling with a few configuration things.  The rest of the
configuration can be done by the list owner, but you are definitely stuck
without your ISP doing what's required on their end.

D> My ISP is eager to try anything.

Well, if they're willing, tell them go grab the 1.94 distribution and read
the new documentation for setting up a digest.  They probably won't have to
upgrade the whole Majordomo system, they just need the good docs.

If they can't figure it out from there, then have them ask specific
questions here.

 - J<