Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: Restricted postings
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 05 Nov 1996 20:57:42 -0600
To: Kevin Wu <kevinwu @ hploms . hpl . hp . com>
Cc: Dave Wolfe <david_wolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

KW> The main problem is still unsolved: Can Majordomo restrict postings to
KW> people inside of a domain?

Not, it seems, without source modification.  I tried some tricks using the
zero-width negative lookahead assertion in perl5 and wasn't successful.

However, Dave (I think) sent a source code modification that should have
allowed this.  Did you try it?  What was the result?

KW> I'm sure that that this problem is common enough that Majordomo should
KW> have a simple solution if it doesn't already.

Well, if the mod you were given works, it will eventually make it into the
main source.  It would certainly be an easier method than the one I was
considering implementing.

 - J<