Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: Ppermissions
From: scott @ saberspace . com
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 13:22:33 -0500 (EST)
To: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Dave Wolfe wrote:

> [ Lex Luthor writes: ]
> > drwxrwx---   6 majordom  majordom    512 Nov  7 10:17 .
>                            ^^^^^^^^
> 			   daemon
> (Assuming your sendmail runs as gid==daemon.)
>
> > -rwxrwx---   1 majordom  majordom  12967 Nov  7 09:52 wrapper
>      s -         root      daemon
>
> You didn't run 'make install-wrapper' as root.

I *DID* run make install-wrapper as root. Your tip above gave me an idea,
though. In /etc/group, I added user mail (sendmail is mail.mail) to group
majordom, added the group mail to the makefile and made wrapper root.mail,
mode 4770.

I now have everything either 770 or 660 and all is well... THANKS!!!

Seeya!
Scott