Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: Log File
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:55:03 -0600 (CST)
To: uunet!etheron . net!jvieira @ uunet . uu . net (Juan J. Vieira)
Cc: uunet!GreatCircle . com!majordomo-users @ uunet . uu . net

[ Juan J. Vieira writes: ]

> Hello, I have Majordomo 1.94 and Linux, When i Mail a message
> Majordomo Abort and give me an Error with the Log file.
>
> 	The Error is that majordomo can't write in the log file, because
> 	the permissions is wrong
>
> 	I Have to create the Log file?

Yes.

> 	What Information have the Log file?

Majordomo requests (not maillist posts).

> 	Which are the permissions of the Log file?

That depends on how you have Mj configured. If you don't have a log
file with the correct permissions, then you didn't install Mj per the
directions, so you probably have other problems as well, so you should
start over and reinstall it correctly.

--
 Dave Wolfe