Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Taboo-headers...
From: Kevin Chu <kevie @ creighton . edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 13:07:31 -0600 (CST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I'm having a program getting Majordomo 1.94 to "block" a certain e-mail
address.  It's my understanding that the "taboo-headers" section of
majordomo.cf is where you put the address in.  Here is what mine looks
like:

# List of perl regular expressions that, if found in the headers of a message,
# will cause the message to be bounced to the list approver.
# Put each regular expression on a separate line before the "END" mark, with
# no trailing ";"
# For example:
#   $global_taboo_headers = <<'END';
#   /^from:.*trouble@hassle.net/i
#   /^subject:.*non-delivery notice/i
#   END
# NOTE! Using ' instead of " in the 'END' is VERY IMPORTANT!!!
#

$global_taboo_headers = <<'END';
/^from:.*kevie@creighton.edu/i
END

This should be able to block all messages that I send (just for testing),
but it doesn't and I can still subscribe to any list that is open.  Any
suggestions???

--kevie

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: restrict_post